School Age Care
Caring for kids before and after school
Adventure Club school age care program is designed to meet the needs of working families by providing high quality child care before and after school for students preschool through grade 5. All-day care is offered on non-school days and in the summer at select sites. Drop-in child care may also be available.
We offer a separate Spin program in the summer for students entering grades 4-7. During the school year, Spin programming for older students is offered where registration of fourth and fifth grade students meets the minimum enrollment requirement.
A variety of activities in a youth-friendly atmosphere to match the interests of each child is the hallmark of this daily program that focuses on curriculum, emotional, social, physical and intellectual growth. Projects incorporate learning opportunities across the curriculum—reading, math, science, health and physical education. The curriculum is also infused with social skills development, people and cultures, dramatic play, and arts and crafts. In addition to this, off-site field trips and special events take place throughout the year.
- 2021-2022 Adventure Club Information
- Enrollment Options
- Early Childhood Family Center Adventure Club
- Summer Programming
- COVID-19 and Adventure Club
- Medical Forms
- Contract and Schedule Change Forms
Adventure Club registration
Registration is available to students enrolled in Stillwater Area Public Schools during the school year for before and after school care. Students who are enrolled in schools outside of Stillwater Area Public Schools can register with a drop-in contract to attend non-school days only.
Online registration for the 2021-22 school year opened in April and most of our elementary school sites have a waiting list. Begin the registration process by submitting a contract request through our registration system (eleyo). You will only be charged the $40 registration fee if we are able to accept your contract
For a downloadable/printable calendar please GO HERE
Enrollment is guaranteed assuming that the registration requirements have been met, there is space available for care, and we have received your online registration.
Families are offered an early bird registration fee. Early commitment to Adventure Club ensures that we will be able to properly prepare staff and programming. Adventure Club reserves the right to not accept or process any paperwork two-weeks prior to and two-weeks after the start of any session.
School Year Contract Options:
School Year Contract Options:
- Option 1 – Consistent Schedule: Families can sign up for a mix of AM and PM programming periods with the same schedule every week. You are charged for the days of care you have contracted for, whether your child attends or not. Requests for schedule changes can be made online, but will require a $20 change of contract fee, and will be accepted on a space available basis. In addition, all changes require a two-week processing period before a child’s new schedule takes effect.
- Option 2- Pick Your Days: Families can sign up for ALL of their days at the beginning of the school year or submit a monthly contract online no later than the 15th of the previous month.
- Drop-In Care -- Only available with Consistent Schedule: Request a day as needed with at least 24 hours notice. Our online system will allow families to request days with three days advance notice. If families need more immediate assistance, they must contact their child’s Site Lead either in writing or verbally. Enrollment is based on available space. There is no guarantee that we will have space available for your child(ren). You will only be charged for any days that are approved, unless you notify the site to cancel within three working days of the approval date.
- Option 3 -- Non-School Day Only: Families can sign up for this contract if they are interested in signing up for non-school days only. Non-school day registration opens approximately 5 weeks before the non-school day, and registration must be received at least 2 weeks prior to given non-school day.
Our Summer Contract is based on the days you need care. Families are presented with dates that our summer program is available at the time of registration. Pick the dates you will need care when registering. Omit days care is not needed (i.e. grandparent visit, vacations, camps, etc.). Once you have picked your days and the May deadline has been reached, you will not be able to remove or exchange days. Additional days may be added by requesting Drop-In care.
District-Wide Non-School Days:
Adventure Club offers all day services when school is not in session at select sites. NSD care is open from 6 am- 6 pm. You must be registered for Adventure Club in order to request a NSD. Registration must be completed through our online registration system. Registrations must be received at least two weeks prior to given NSD.
If you register for a NSD and then have a change in plans, please notify us immediately. If it is less than two weeks prior you will be charged for that day.
Non-district, Non-resident Student Enrollment:
Students who are enrolled in schools outside of Stillwater Area Public Schools can register with a non-school day only contract to attend non-school days. Summer Adventure Club programming is open to students who are enrolled outside of Stillwater Area Public Schools.
2021-2022 School Year Rates:
Consistent Daily Fees
- Before School AC (6:00 - 8:40 a.m.) = $12.50 per child, per day
- After School AC (3:10 - 6:00 p.m.) = $13.00 per child, per day
- District Non-School Day AC (6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.) = $43 per child, per day
Drop-In Daily Fee
(if space available, need consistent contract)
- Before School AC (6:00 - 8:40 a.m.) = $16.00 per child, per day
- After School AC (3:10 - 6:00 p.m.) = $16.50 per child, per day
Pick Your Day Daily Fees
- Before School AC (6:00 - 8:40 a.m.) = $14.15 per child, per day
- After School AC (3:10 - 6:00 p.m.) = $14.65 per child, per day
Combine Preschool and Adventure Club for a full day program for children ages 3-5. Flexible, high quality, extended day care is offered at our Early Childhood Family Center. Families can choose between before, mid-day and after preschool options. Experienced, creative professionals deliver individualized care throughout the school year, on non-school days, and during the summer. Activities provide a balance between structured and non-structured play.
Online registration opens for ALL families on Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 7 am. Registrations received between April 6-12 will be charged a $20 early-bird registration fee.
Registrations that come in beginning April 13 will be charged the regular registration fee of $40 per child.
2021-2022 School Year Rates:
Consistent Daily Fees
- Before School (7 - 9:30 a.m.) = $12.80 per child, per day
- Midday/Opposite Preschool (9:30 a.m.- 1 p.m. or 12 - 3:30 p.m). = $14.90
- After School (3:30 - 6 p.m.) = $12.80 per child, per day
- Non-Preschool Days/Fridays and 3-year-old Non-Preschool Days (7 a.m. - 6 p.m.) = $45
- District Non-School Days (7 a.m. - 6 p.m.) = $45
Drop-In Daily Fee (at least 24 hour notice)
- Before School (7 - 9:30 a.m.) = $16.40 per child, per day
- Midday/Opposite Preschool (9:30 a.m.- 1 p.m. or 12 - 3:30 p.m). = $18.50
- Afternoon (3:30 - 6 p.m.) = $16.40 per child, per day
- Non-Preschool Days/Fridays and 3-year-old Non-Preschool Days (7 a.m. - 6 p.m.) = $50
- District Non-School Days (7 a.m. - 6 p.m.) = $50
Registration for Summer Adventure Club will open on March 15, 2021 and remain open through April 16th. Students entering Kindergarten in the Fall of 2021 are eligible to register for Summer Adventure Club. Students entering 4 year old preschool can only register for Adventure Club if they have participated in Three School at the Early Childhood Family Center this school year.
Summer 2021 Sites
- Early Childhood Family Center
Site Leader: Amanda O'Brien
Absences and Activities Phone: 651-351-4002
- Stillwater Middle School
Site Leaders: Tammy Palmer and Jeanne DeWolfe
Absences and Activities Phone: 651-351-6940
- Brookview Elementary School
Site Leaders: Bonnie Nass and Beth Pawlenty
Absences and Activities Phone: 651-275-2514
- Lake Elmo Elementary School
Site Leaders: Bobby Simonet and Nichole Dinzeo
Absences and Activities Phone: 651-351-6737
Because we will still be operating off of a smaller group/pod model, we will not be offering a separate Spin program. Rather, we will have our groups/pods reflect similar age level groupings so that programming can be age appropriate. We have not planned field trips for this summer, as we are not sure where current COVID-19 guidance will be for youth programs and public settings. Instead, we will be bringing in fun presenters and activities to come to us. See the calendars below for each site. Please note, some of these calendars may have more events added as we continue to plan for summer!
We will be unable to accommodate partial summer schedules for Summer 2021. As much as we would like to accommodate a variety of schedules, doing so will not allow us to create consistent groups. Consistent groups are part of the COVID-19 guidance for youth programs we will be following this summer. In order to be eligible, you must sign up for at least 8 weeks of summer, and register for at least 3 days a week.
Summer 2021 Rates
Program runs from June 9- August 20, Monday- Friday (closed on July 5)
Registrations include a $20 per child early-bird registration fee.
After April 16th, the registration fee increases to $40. We will be unable to accommodate drop-in contracts, but if you add to your originally scheduled dates after April 16, they will be charged at the drop-in rate.
24-29 days $46.20 per day per child
30-39 days $43 per day per child
40 or more days $40 per day per child
Drop in rate $49.20 per day per child
Adventure Club, in accordance with Executive Order 20-81 will require the use of face coverings in all indoor spaces. This Executive Order applies to all Minnesotans, making exemptions for those with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that makes it unreasonable for the individual to maintain a face covering.
Face coverings may be temporarily removed:
- When outdoors
- When eating or drinking
- While napping at rest time (for younger children)
Smaller groups/Physical Distancing Expectations
Adventure Club is normally a choice based program with several choices available to students and movement in between choices. To try to limit the amount of contacts students and staff have each day, we will be keeping students in smaller groups, and movement between spaces will be limited and controlled. Students will be asked to distance themselves from each other whenever possible.
Cleaning and Hygiene
Custodians will be cleaning bathrooms, bottle fillers and door handles several times a day, along with cleaning the rooms at the end of each day. Adventure Club staff will be cleaning toys, tables, computers/iPads and other equipment several times a day. Groups will be washing hands often and hand sanitizer will be available in every space.
Before leaving your home each day, you must screen your student for the symptoms listed below and take their temperature. Participants must stay home if they are ill. Parents need to be on the alert for signs of illness in their children and to keep them home when they are sick.
- Participants must be healthy and symptom free for the last 10 days and have a temperature under 100 degrees fahrenheit.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 may include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Participants who have been in close contact with someone who was diagnosed or suspected to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days cannot attend.
- Participants who appear ill will be removed from the program.
- If a participant is diagnosed or presumed positive for COVID-19, please contact your site immediately.
Be aware that we reserve the right to conduct additional screenings at our discretion. Parents will also be asked to sign their children in at the vestibule and not enter the building to reduce the amount of people entering. More information about this will come out in the next newsletter.
Authorization to Administer Medication form
If a child is required to take a prescription or over the counter medication during Adventure Club hours, we must have an Authorization to Administer Medication form signed by a physician and the parent.
Allergy Plan form
When you register for Adventure Club, you will be asked if your child has allergies and whether or not your child needs an allergy plan. Check yes that you need an allergy plan if your child has a severe allergy that staff will need to be aware of and/or a response plan that requires medication (epi pen, benadryl, etc). Check no if your child has an allergy that you just want us to be aware of, but it does not require a care plan (dogs/cats, mild seasonal allergies, etc). If you check yes to needing an allergy plan, you will need to fill out the Allergy Plan form below.
School Year - Contract Changes
There are three types of contracts, Consistent Schedule, Pick Your Days and Drop in Care. If you need to change your contract, fill out the Contract Change Form and submit it to our business office at least two weeks prior to the change. A $20 processing fee will be charged to your account.
Changes to your child’s daily schedule can be made online in the Eleyo system by logging into your account. Eleyo does not allow changes to be requested for a month that has been invoiced. If you want the change to occur in two weeks and the system is not allowing it, you will need to fill out the Contract Change Form. A $20 processing fee will be charged to your account.
School Year -- We require a two-week notice for changes to your schedule. Changes to contracted days within a Consistent Schedule care plan will result in a $20 processing fee beginning after the August registration deadline. There are no additional processing fees for changing Pick Your Days if submitted online by the 15th of each month.
Summer -- Changes to your scheduled dates will be accepted through the registration deadline. After that date you can add Drop in Care if space is available by submitting a request in the Eleyo system. Exchanging or eliminating days is not allowed after the deadline.
Vacation Request (school year only)
Vacation credit is for non-use of service. To receive vacation credit, you must be on a Consistent Schedule contract. Submit a Vacation Request Form before your vacation begins. Sorry… vacation time cannot be substituted for absence. You may receive one day of credit per child for each day you are contracted in a one-week period. Credit will be given AFTER the vacation dates. Vacation credit does not apply to the summer program.