9 teachers and staff surprised with Partnership Awards
Congratulations to this year’s winners of the Partnership Awards! The awards, given by The Partnership Plan, recognize teachers, staff and retirees for their work on behalf of students at Stillwater Area Public Schools.
This year’s recipients are:
- Brenda Aarness, Oak-Land special education teacher
- Bobbi Anderson, Lily Lake paraprofessional
- Staci Brown, High school science teacher
- Jeff Fosse, Technology support
- Paula Harrison, High school Unified Physical Education teacher
- Diane Johnson, Afton-Lakeland 2nd grade teacher
- Sheryl Johnson, Andersen food service
- Angie Olson, Lake Elmo 1st grade teacher
- Liz Tomten, Retired Stillwater Middle School teacher
Each award winner was given $1,000 by The Partnership Plan to designate to their school of choice. The Partnership Plan is a nonprofit educational fund that gives grants to teachers with great ideas to make learning deeper and more meaningful for students in Stillwater Area Public Schools. For photos visit our Facebook page.
In Other News
All students will have access to Chromebooks beginning this fall to use at home or school.
The federal government has ended its free meals program, but free and reduced price meals will still be provided to families who need help covering the cost.
Mark your calendar for these important back-to-school dates.
This year marks the 146th commencement exercise for our high school.
The goal is to bring service back to pre-pandemic levels (79 routes) as soon as possible.
Meals prices will increase by 20 cents in the fall, but you may be eligible for free meals.
District leaders hope to reinstate busing to about 500 more students next year.
This fall buses in the district will be equipped with a new technology that will fix problems with GPS connectivity, improve attendance taking, and make bus rides safer.